A Happy Announcement…

IMG_5226

The blog has been rather quiet lately, which always seems to happen when I’m in the first stages of expecting a baby!  I’m super happy to announce that Lord willing, a new little blessing will be added to our family in late August 2016.

Once I hit the magic “advanced maternal age” of 35 this past October, I began to wonder if another baby would join our family.  My seventh child went on a nursing strike (my first experience with this ever!) at the age of 11.5 months, while we were on vacation and after trying to convince her to nurse for several weeks I resigned myself to the fact that she was done.  I was heartbroken!  It had been my goal to nurse her through the winter at least, to help her gain immunity from germs.  But God had another plan!  I pumped like crazy, and after storing enough milk to at least get her through the winter with a small immunity boost, I resigned myself to the fact that she was completely done.  This sadness was replaced with excitement and thankfulness when I found out in mid-December that I was expecting our 8th child.

I’ve moved past the morning sickness and nausea stage, and am eagerly awaiting to find out our baby’s gender shortly.  We are seriously just over the moon!

While God has a different plan for each of us, if you are considering having another child, I would love to encourage you to remember that children are always a blessing.  As a mom, sometimes we feel super busy, overwhelmed, and just all-around sure that we are DONE having children.  But if we take a step back and look at our families from a different perspective, we can begin to see the plans that the Lord is working out through our families.  Long after we are gone, our children and their families will hopefully be living out a godly legacy.  When we get to heaven, we will not be able to take our worldly goods with us, but by God’s grace our families will be there!  What a shame it would be to miss out on this huge blessing in order to accumulate more things on this earth or to have an easier life.  Having children isn’t always easy, but it is so worth it!  Every family is different, and God definitely has a distinct plan for each of us and our families.  Each family isn’t meant to have “x” amount of children, and sometimes the Lord uses people best in singleness.  But having an open heart towards children is always a good thing.

Thank you so much for sharing in our excitement!

NICOLE CRONE enjoys writing encouragement for moms in which God is glorified at her blog, Children are a Blessing. She is wife to Rusty, and mom to eight sweet children. Nicole has been a homeschool mom for thirteen years, and is currently a member of The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew. When Nicole isn’t homeschooling, you can find her writing, reading, sewing, or blogging at www.childrenareablessing.org. She is active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

About Nicole

36 Thoughts on “A Happy Announcement…

1. Congrats! I’m also due in August, with our 5th baby!

2. Congratulations!! How very, very exciting! I wondered where you’d been, and I’m thrilled to hear you’ve been up to something really special (that is, a new baby, not the nausea part!!). I can’t wait to see pictures this coming fall of your new little one.

In looking in your archives, I see that your last little one is a month older than ours. Perhaps we’ll be joining you on the journey sometime. 🙂

And you are so right that being open to the blessing of children is, in itself, a blessing. Your blogging witness about this is a powerful and positive voice!! 🙂

Diana

3. Congratulations on your upcoming blessing!

4. Bridget on March 26, 2016 at 7:09 am said:

Congratulations! I’m due with baby #6 at the end of August also (8/29 is my due date). I have my ultrasound in a couple of days, but we won’t find out gender until birth (unless we accidentally find out). I’ll be excited to know what you are expecting! Right now, we have girl, girl, boy, girl, (boy-lost at 18 weeks), boy, ?. I’m guessing it’s a boy for me this time too.

• Nicole on March 26, 2016 at 7:31 am said:

Congratulations Bridget! Right now we have five girls and two boys, and I’m really looking forward to finding out what this little blessing is. I pray that your pregnancy goes smoothly!

5. Exciting news!! Congratulations, Nicole and family!

6. So excited for you. I am following you from Proverbs31wife. I also followed you on Twitter (although I don’t think you have time for that).
    Many blessings,
    Janis

7. Congratulations! What a blessing!

8. anislandfamilybygrace on March 28, 2016 at 7:10 am said:

Congratulations Nicole! I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with our 5th baby (at age 39!), and still feeling very sick, so I am glad you are past that stage now. Thank you for sharing your lovely news 🙂

• Nicole on March 28, 2016 at 8:46 am said:

Thank you so much, and congratulations! I seemed to stop feeling sick at around 16 weeks, so maybe you will feel better soon. 🙂

9. Congratulations on baby # 8. I truly admire your courage. I just delivered baby #5 into this world last week. Was considering getting my tubes tied but choose not to. I also desire having a big family but it is truly a scary thing to do. I’m seeking God’s leading in the direction our family takes us. Blessings to you and yours.

• Nicole on March 28, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

Thanks Latisha, and congratulations! If you were to ask me directly after any of my births if I wanted any more children, I would have completely avoided the question! Bringing a new little one into the world is overwhelming, for sure. I’ll be praying for you, whenever I feel scared I try to remind myself that the feeling isn’t coming from God (He hasn’t given us a spirit of fear.) Blessings!

10. Kim D on March 28, 2016 at 9:19 am said:

Congratulations! How exciting for you and your family. I just turned 36 and am expecting our 7th next month. We have one girl (our oldest) and this little guy will make 6 boys…I love it!
    Again, congratulations!

11. Congratulation Nicole! What a joy ♥ Thanks for sharing with us. I`ve followed your blog for a year or so, and I really admire you. Thanks for being such a Godly example. Hugs all the way from Norway.

12. Congratulations!!! So happy to hear you are expecting again!
    My mom thought she was done and then she had our last one when she was 45. The Lord is always full of surprises! 🙂
    ~Haley

13. Jacqueline on March 28, 2016 at 12:41 pm said:

Congraulations!!
    And, as a single woman, thank you for remembering us in your last paragraph 🙂

• Nicole on March 28, 2016 at 1:13 pm said:

Thank you Jacqueline. God’s plans are great, and they don’t always involve children! 🙂 Blessings!

14. Sarah D. on March 28, 2016 at 4:26 pm said:

35 is “advanced maternal age”?! That sounds laughable. My Mom had her 5th child at 38. I’m 33 and expecting our 5th (due in May). I noticed the heading “grand multiparity” as my diagnoses when I went to the dr. for this pregnancy. I had to look it up and laughed! “5 or more pregnancies… may have an increase of complications.” I’ve never had complications, just a lot of babies. 🙂 We’re looking forward to having the title of “advanced maternal age” added to the list in a few years, Lord willing. 😉 Yep. Already thinking of the next one… or two. 😉

Hope you have a good pregnancy, a great birth, and a healthy baby! 🙂

15. Laura H on March 29, 2016 at 8:16 pm said:

Aw what a wonderful announcement! Congratulations, and prayers for an easy and healthy pregnancy!

16. REJOICING WITH YOU! This is just the BEST news!

17. Congratulations! What great news! Thank you for being a part of our Mommy Moments community and linking this post up last week. It was the top viewed link and will be featured in the next link up 🙂

18. Ohhh, what precious news! Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well. What a blessing indeed!