Thanks Obamacare???

caabobamacare1

There is a new website called “got insurance?” that Progress Now Colorado Education and the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative are funding to thank Obamacare for it’s supposed greatness.  Mommas, what do you think of the above ad?

How about this one?

caabobamacaread2

Or, this one?

caabobamacaread3

Unfortunately, the only thing that I personally can “thank” Obamacare for is a rise in our family’s health insurance costs, funding the continued legalized murder of pre-born children, and as pictured above, the fast and furious decline of morals and values in America.

Gee, thanks Obamacare.

All joking aside, we are in a crisis situation here.  Everyday our children are bombarded with information and images that are directly opposed to the teachings and truths found in the Word of God.  The world wants us and our children.  Badly.   These advertisements are just one example of many.  They make a lifestyle of debauchery appear normalized, carefree, and amazingly fun and exciting.

When in truth this lifestyle will eventually leave us filled with regret, pain and sorrow.

The enticement remains however.  What is a Christian mom to do?

First and foremost, let’s take a deep breath and remember that God is sovereign.  While God in no way is the author of sin, we must remember that this world is going to continue to decline until Christ’s return, and that our government and it’s policies were allowed to be in place by God to ultimately further His purposes.  In Colossians 1, we can learn this about Christ.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.   For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.   All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.   And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:15-18

I am so very thankful that our great and mighty God is in control.  What peace we can have as Christians.  Does this mean that as Christ followers, we should just sit back and accept the sinful ways of the world?

No.  We must turn from evil.  (Psalm 34:14, 1 Peter 3:11)  This is so difficult to do when evil bombards us from every angle, and it appears normal and fun.

Most Christians that I meet are against Obamacare 100%.  They believe that the government has no right to be involved in our healthcare system.  I would like to gently ask a couple of questions about the government and it’s role in our lives.

Why is it a problem for our government to be involved in our healthcare system…and not a problem for the same entity to control our educational system?  Is our physical health more important than our spiritual and mental health?

I know of many, many, Christian parents who send their children to public school.   Some of these parents discuss “the birds and the bees”, much earlier than they would like with their children, because they know peers they encounter will be discussing matters not intended for little ears.  This is so sad to me, and is enough reason in itself to pull our children from school.  What few parents will admit however, is that the schools themselves are singing the same tune!

Did you notice the morality level of the above advertisements for socialized healthcare?  Our socialized educational system sends the same message to our children.  What can we expect?  Our schools teach the theory of evolution, and not creation.  If we evolved from monkeys, and mother nature is where any level of “morality” originates from, then we cannot expect to do anything but give in to our natural urges.  I even witnessed this in middle and high school  many years ago.  Teachers were more than willing to “help” students whose parents did not understand that their children’s sexual urges were “normal” and provided them with “protection”.

Mommas, this is exactly opposite of God’s law and Word.  We were created with a purpose, and in God’s own image.  We do in fact have a standard of morality to live by.  By God’s grace, we can live for Him, and not for the world.  And our children can too.

Do you have a child who is in public school?  If you do, please carefully consider the messages that they are bombarded with at school.  Even fifteen years ago in my suburban high school, sex, drinking, partying, etc. was the topic of conversation at least daily.   Even if we try to combat this message at home, our children are smart enough to realize that ultimately we have chosen to send them to public school.  If it is a choice we have made, it must not be too bad, right?  If you are a parent, God has chosen you to protect and guard your childrenBy His grace, and with His unwavering love and guidance, we can raise our children to love and serve Him.

NICOLE CRONE enjoys writing encouragement for moms in which God is glorified at her blog, Children are a Blessing. She is wife to Rusty, and mom to eight sweet children. Nicole has been a homeschool mom for thirteen years, and is currently a member of The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew. When Nicole isn’t homeschooling, you can find her writing, reading, sewing, or blogging at www.childrenareablessing.org. She is active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

About Nicole

19 Thoughts on “Thanks Obamacare???

1. Amy Rohrer on November 19, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

Oh, that’s disgusting. Parents in Colorado should be horrified.

2. Tax dollars hard at work. Lovely.

3. Sarah D. on November 19, 2013 at 5:39 pm said:

I saw one of these online yesterday. I thought it was some kind of sick joke. Apparently, it’s true??? All I can think looking at those girls is how little they actually think of themselves. At least a prostitute is paid for the use of her body. These girls are ready to give it away for free! Of course, neither scenario is right or good. Not to mention the “extra money” (ha!) they now have to get drunk. The fall of Rome comes to mind…

4. Jennifer on November 19, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

Just asking…. What’s wrong with the flu shots? Or were you referring to the “shot” shots? Also, I have to disagree with you on Obamacare; does the system have its flaws. OH YEAH. Way too many to count. Unfortunately, it is negatively impacting lives too. But its principles are better than current insurance plans. And it is saving lives. Many people are showing that they are against Obamacare, but living in MA, I find it extremely similar to Romney’s plan, or Romneycare

My strong opinion is that people are against Obama, thus they are against Obamacare. Obamacare, though it may support moral declination, is not bad in itself. Should it stop funding abortions and birth control. Yes. But it is being helpful.

I respect that people are against it. I really do. But it is saving lives. Please take some time and check out the I Am Obamacare movement, and a few other links I put underneath.

Please, please, please take some time and read these.

• Honestly, I will never, ever, support any program that funds abortion, no matter how much “good” it does for others. Abortion is murder, and is inexcusable. Even if 1,000,000 lives are helped per 1 abortion.

• Jennifer on November 21, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Think about it this way, since abortion and children are obviously a value we both value greatly. 10,400 children were diagnosed in 2007 with cancer. 1,545, or about one tenth died. Children. These are the kids who we want to help. And although abortion IS murder, it’s just not the same. These kids have had birthdays, know their family members, have friends. They’re being ripped away from their family, because they don’t have enough insurance, and other problems. Children. Abortion is nowhere near the sorrow of children who’ve set foot on this earth dying.

If somebody was to tell me they were having an abortion because they don’t want the baby I would tell them everything about it, convince them to keep the baby. But if it was rape, incest, physical/mental dissabilities, or if it was a teenager (their bodies aren’t capable of handling childbirth), I would help them as much as possible keeping the child, but if they felt that the rape would traumatize them daily, or that their lives were at risk, I would leave the choice up to them.

Also, a teenager raped is forced to not have an abortion, she is going to carry the child the term, daily relive the rape, and give it up for adoption. She will be depressed, suicidal, and just plain old sad, and could die in the process of childbirth. It is not worth giving up a mother’s life for an unborn baby’s life. I’m sorry, I hold my opinion.

So, I say, yes- thank you Obamacare. The system HAS helped, and WILL help countless of lives- leaving us one more valuable life to cherish. And at least our federal tax dollars don’t fund the abortions. If they did, however, I’d probably have a different perspective, because I don’t want my money killing a child.

Sorry if this post was rude, condescending, and confusing. I really don’t mean it to be that way! I just wanted to clarify my opinion.

On a final note—-
        Those 1,000,000 lives are worth it.

• I understand that is your opinion. My opinion is that a child dying from cancer or abortion is the same thing. Both instances involve a soul created by God, by His will, and for His pleasure. (Rev. 4:11: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.) Whether or not a parent wants them or not does not give them value. No matter the circumstance, one act of violence (rape) is not made right by another (abortion=murder). They were wanted by God, and that is more than enough. Their value are in Him. Who are we to decide whose lives are worth saving and whose aren’t?

• Sarah D. on November 22, 2013 at 2:02 am said:

Absolutely, Nicole. My unborn child is no less a person than my 5, 3 1/2, and 1 1/2 year old children. By the logic of ‘age’, my 1 1/2 yo would be easier to let go of than my 5 yo. In reality, it would be devastating to lose any of my children, no matter how old they are.

• Jennifer–

I would strongly encourage you (and you too Nicole!) to watch this video I’v linked at on the bottom. It is a seventh grade girl who has made a great pro life impact on many lives with a beautiful speech she gave. She is very young, but also very gifted, and speaks very eloquently. Please, please take ten minutes of your time and watch this video, and watch it to the very end. Tell me your opinion on it!

Lilla

Look up Lia’s Pro-Life Speech on Parliament Hill in Ottawa or go to the link below

• Brockway on November 24, 2013 at 4:39 pm said:

My mother was 14 when she got pregnant with me.she was encouraged to have abortion by my grandpa(my father’s dad),he was even going to pay for it.she didnt.in fact she went on to have my brother at 16,my other brother at 18 or 19 and my little sister at 21.four children and 6 pregnancies by the time she was 22.im so glad she had all of us.i love my siblings so much and they are each special and wonderful in their own way.it was hard growing up.my mom divorced my dad by the age of 17.my dad was a alcoholic and my mom mentally unstable,but I have a lot of good memories growing up too and I met my husband at 16,married him at 19 and gave birth at 21 to a beautiful little girl who I cherish.when I think how my mom could have got rid of me and how I would never have known my husband’s love or the joy of my daughter I am so thankful for being here.my grandpa says he regrets it that he ever tried to convince them to abort because I’m one of the best things that happened in his life.my little sister became pregnant at 15 last year.she only had sex one time.she was terrified and thought we would hate her.i was sad she didnt wait,but i supported her,loved her and was excited about my nephew.my sister was still scared,but she knew she wanted to keep the baby.she looked at my nephew holding him in her arms for the first time and she cried tears of love and happiness.his dad is still in the picture and a part of his sons life.he was born in august a week or two after she turned 16.he is a healthy beautiful little boy and I just adore him and my daughter loves her little cousin.all this to say there are a lot of people who would have said to abort me,my brothers and sister and even my nephew,but I’m so thankful we are all here alive. 🙂

• Such a sweet pro life story! I have heard many stories like this one, and the best part is, in each one, the mother is blessed with the gift of a child, and in each one, the mother is happy she decided to keep her child. I will soon be working at a pro life, crisis pregnancy center! We’ll see how that works out! I hope to see a mother, and tell her not to let a corporation throw away a life. My least favorite pro choice argument would be this; it’s not your body. Guess what? It’s not your body either. It’s a separate life God wishes for you to bring to the Earth.

Lilla

5. Hi Nicole, although I’m in Australia, my husband listens to Kevin Swanson from Colorado regularly and he has mentioned to me that Kevin has said there are alternatives out there for people to avoid using Obamacare. From what I understand, some of these are Christian. You could try contacting Kevin to find out or I did find this link – not sure if it will help. I haven’t actually got time to listen to it, but it seems to be on the right topic.

Jennifer… As to the flu shots, there are plenty of neurologists out there giving BIG warnings about them. Do some research on them and pray and ask God for the truth, is my suggestion. We vaccinated and we regret it. We have actually apologised to our children for vaccinating them. But, it is between you and God. 🙂

• Thank you for your response “He Leads Me.”

One of the issues facing many Americans because of Obamacare is that due to Obama’s new regulations, many insurance plans are no longer viable. Many Americans have been pleased with using insurance companies that support Christian values for years, but Obamacare is putting these companies out of business. Many of the Christian companies are relatively small, and the new requirements of Obamacare are far too expensive for the companies to survive.

Personally, my own insurance company is not going out of business, but they have just issued an announcement that states that due to the new regulations, our premiums will go up about 40%. That increase makes it pretty difficult for my husband and I to simply pay the premiums of our insurance. I’m sure that many people are facing the same problem. If people can’t afford their insurance plan, many will be forced into using Obamacare, since health insurance will be required for all Americans (we’ll face a fine if we’re without health care).

We will also see an increase in taxes because of Obamacare. Personally, I have worked hard to keep myself as healthy as possible, and I don’t care to be paying for someone else to be irresponsible with their health, especially not when it violates my beliefs.

There are lots of problems with Obamacare, and these advertisements show the lack of morality and responsibility underscoring the new program.

(And before I get opposing comments, I’ll add… Birth control pills are not responsible. Yes, preventing pregnancy before one is ready for the immense responsibility of raising a child good, but birth control pills are killing women, causing cancer and blindness, and are most often prescribed without a basic hormone panel. Prescribing hormones to a woman without finding out what her hormone levels are currently is dangerous to her overall health, not to mention her reproductive health. Furthermore, birth control pills encourage irresponsible sexual behavior in that many people think that they’re ‘safe’ because they’re on the Pill, which leads to a greater instance of STDs.)

• Sarah D. on November 22, 2013 at 1:55 am said:

I think He Leads Me was referring to Samaritan Ministries and other alternatives to what Americans typically use as “health insurance”. Hope this helps. =)

6. We are planning to join Samaritan ministries right away. my parents are members. There is also Christian Care Medi-share, and Christian Healthcare Ministries (used to be Brotherhood). These are not insurance, but instead a group of Christians sharing medical expenses. They are exempt from the health care mandate, so if you are a member, you will not be fined for not buying insurance. So for now at least, Christians do have options other than signing up for “Obamacare”.

• Danielle B on December 2, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

And the problem I have with these companies, is the fact that I’m having to have other Christians pay my medical bills. We should be stewards over our own and our families health AND finances. And it’s horrible they don’t have to go by the PPACA mandate. That should be illegal. Denials for pre-existing, children having to get their own insurance after 18. Many great things about the mandate.

I’ll stick with our great insurance.

• M Olivia on February 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

We, as followers of Jesus, make up the church. The church is called to take care of one another. That includes finances. You can still be a good steward and accept and give help within the church

Galations 6:2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ

7. This is so sad! What type of world are our kids growing up in?!

8. Valeria on May 12, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

The only thing i think is: thank for what? Thanks for supporting murder of innocent children? Thanks for promoting a lifestyle of sex And ‘fun’ that will bring more unwanted pregnancies e more abortions? Poor America